1 - Object of the contract: These general conditions are concluded between:
- on the one hand the company COTOON INVEST SAS, trade name COTOON ALSACE, located 4 rue Basque 68000 Colmar, registered with RCS 434 263 851 RCS Strasbourg, siret 434 263 851 00025 Code APE 6831Z, Professional card n ° CPI 6701 2017 000 018 442, issued by the CCI of Alsace Eurométropole until 07/11/2025
- on the other hand, the traveler who has rented accommodation and whose contact details have been provided on the booking platform www.cotoon.com or through a third-party site. This rental is granted and accepted at the price, charges, and special conditions indicated on the booking confirmation, of which these general conditions constitute an integral part.
2 - Legal regime of the contract: The parties declare that this rental does not have as its object premises rented for use as a main dwelling or for mixed use professional and main dwelling, for use as secondary main dwelling or for residential accommodation. The seasonal rental contract is reserved for the exclusive use of furnished tourist accommodation, subject to the provisions of articles L324-1 to L324-2-1 of the Tourism Code and 1709 et seq. Of the Civil Code, the customer occupying the premises cannot take advantage of the legal provisions set out in conventional residential leases, especially when it comes to maintaining the premises.
3 - Description of the premises: The premises covered by this contract are rented, furnished on a seasonal basis and made available to the traveler in a perfect state of decoration, maintenance and accessories, the traveler being required to use it as a "good father. ".
4 - Transfer and subletting: This rental contract is concluded intuitu personae for the benefit of the sole lessee identified at the head of the contract. Any transfer of this lease, any total or partial subletting, is strictly prohibited. The traveler will not be able to leave the disposal of the premises, even free of charge and by loan.
5 - Duration of stay: The traveler signing the contract concluded for a fixed period may not under any circumstances claim any right to remain in the premises at the end of the stay.
6 - Conclusion of the contract: The contract is deemed to be signed upon communication of personal and / or banking data, and by payment of the rental amount online or by collection of the deposit. This order and validation has the value of a handwritten signature and acceptance of the terms of the contract and the general rental conditions between the parties.
- Standard reservation conditions for the bookings made before the September 18, 2020: When booking online, the traveler will be confirmed his reservation after payment of a deposit corresponding to 25% of the total amount of the services reserved. The balance of the reserved services and the security deposit are expected at the latest 1 month before the date of arrival. In the event of a reservation less than one month before the date of arrival, the total amount of the services reserved and the security deposit must be paid when booking.
- Standard reservation conditions for the bookings made after the September 18, 2020: When booking online, the traveler will be received a pre-confirmation. The total balance of the reserved services and the security deposit are expected at the latest 1 month, 15 days or 7 days, before the date of arrival, according to the chosen cancellation conditions. In the event of a reservation less than one month, 15 days or 7 days, before the date of arrival, according to the chosen cancellation conditions, the total amount of the services reserved and the security deposit must be paid when booking.
- Booking conditions with the promotional code "COTOON10": When booking online, the traveler will be confirmed his reservation after payment of a deposit corresponding to 100% of the total amount of the services reserved. The reservation becomes non-cancellable, non-refundable.
COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace reserves the right to cancel any reservation for which the payment of the deposit has not been made within 48 hours after the date of payment, according to the chosen cancellation conditions.
Without written confirmation from COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace, the reservation cannot be considered final.
7 - Means of payment: rental payments (deposit, balance and security deposit) can be made by the following means of payment:
- online and secured by credit card via our partner SWIKLY
- by check payable to COTOON, sent to the address: COTOON ALSACE 4 rue basque 68000 Colmar. The reservation option on the chosen apartment will be maintained for 48 hours and withdrawn if COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace has not received confirmation that the check has been sent after this period.
- - by transfer for reservations made at least 30 days before arrival, to the COTOON INVEST SAS IBAN FR76 3008 7330 9000 0202 0000 885 account, BIC / Swift code: CMCIFRPP. The reservation option on the chosen apartment will be maintained for 48 hours and withdrawn if COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace has not received confirmation of the transfer after this period.
- No key will be returned without full payment of the services reserved as well as the security deposit.
- COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace reserves the right to demand from the traveler a secure payment by one of the above means, even if the traveler has already communicated his bank details on the booking platform www.cotoon.com or through third party reservation site.
8 - Cancellation and modification by the traveler: Any cancellation or modification request must be notified by postal or electronic letter addressed to COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace - 4 rue Basque 68000 Colmar / email@example.com. No cancellation by phone will be accepted.
- Cancellation before arrival at the scene: the deposit remains with COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace.
- Modification before arrival on the premises: If the stay is cheaper, the rental price remains with COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace. In this case, no refund will be made. If, on the contrary, the new rate is higher than the rate initially booked, the traveler must pay the difference.
- No show: If the traveler does not show up within 24 hours of the confirmed arrival date, the contract becomes void and COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace can dispose of his lodging. The deposit also remains with COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace which will ask for the balance of the rental.
9 - Cancellation and modification by COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace: If before the start of the stay, COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace cancels or modifies an essential element of the contract, it must inform the traveler by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt or by letter electronic. The traveler will be offered an alternative stay. If the traveler does not confirm this proposal, he will be immediately reimbursed for the sums paid, any reduction in price deducted from any sums still due by the traveler and any overpayment being returned to the latter before the start of the stay.
10 - Arrival / departure: Arrivals are from 4 pm. The contract ends no later than the day of departure at 10 a.m. Beyond this time, an additional night will be billed unless agreed in writing between the parties.
11 - Payment of the balance: The balance of the rental is paid or will be debited to the customer's credit card 1 month before entering the premises.
12 - End of stay cleaning: The standard final cleaning at the end of your stay is included in the price. This includes changing bed linen, general cleaning of the apartment and sanitary facilities. However, it is up to you to clean and store the dishes, empty the refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave as well as tidy up inside the apartment. If you do not want to take care of this and avoid a penalty which will be deducted from the security deposit for this, you can order a supplement called "complete cleaning" of the apartment before your arrival.
13 - Inventory and inventories: An inventory and inventory is made available to the traveler upon entering the accommodation. If the inventory and inventory are not established and signed jointly, the inventory and inventory carried out by COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace alone will be contestable by the traveler within 72 hours of entry into the accommodation. In the absence of a dispute by the traveler within this 72-hour period, the inventory and inventory carried out by COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace and communicated to the Traveler upon entering the premises will be deemed to have been accepted without reservation by the traveler.
14 - Security deposit: The traveler authorizes COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace to carry out a pre-authorization in order to cover the fixed amount of the security deposit. In the event that COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace does not obtain the bank authorization to carry out the pre-authorization, the traveler must pay the amount of the security deposit no later than 15 days before entering the premises. Otherwise the reservation will be canceled and the sums paid will not be refunded.
The security deposit is intended to cover damage and / or degradation of the accommodation and of the furniture and objects furnishing the accommodation caused by the traveler, the loss of keys or objects as well as additional charges and consumption (TV channel not included in the package, coffee capsule not included in the package, additional linen, ..).
The security deposit will be returned by card or bank transfer, after deduction of additional charges and consumption, and if damage is found, the cost of repairing the premises, within a period not exceeding two weeks after your departure.
15 - Enjoyment of the premises: Upon entering the premises, the traveler undertakes to respect the following commitments:
- will use the rented accommodation, furniture and equipment peacefully according to the destination given to them by the lease and will respond to any damage and loss that may occur during the term of the contract in the premises of which it has exclusive enjoyment. The rules of co-ownership will apply to the traveler
- maintain the rented accommodation and return it to a good state of cleanliness and rental repairs at the end of the contract. Otherwise, if items are broken or damaged, COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace may claim their replacement value. If the apartment is not returned in a state of general cleanliness (bins emptied and left in the place mentioned in the book, dishes clean and tidy) COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace will be entitled to claim an exceptional fixed cleaning fixed at 60 euros, the expenses of repairing or releasing the apartment will be charged to the traveler.
- cannot hold COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace responsible for any damage that may occur to himself and his co-travelers or to his personal effects, caused in the outbuildings, by devices, furniture or structures
- will not commit any abuse of use likely to harm the solidity or the good performance of the building, or to engage the responsibility of COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace towards the other occupants of the building or towards the neighborhood.
- must avoid any noise likely to disturb neighbors, in particular those emitted by radio, television and other devices. Any gathering or party and any event causing a nuisance is strictly prohibited. In the event of a complaint, for observation of noise nuisance the sole responsibility of the traveler is engaged, the security deposit will be retained, the departure of the traveler will be required without the latter being able to request reimbursement of the remaining nights. The civil judge may be seized in order to determine the amount of compensation and the observation of the nuisances.
- ensure the safety of his children, not having to sit on window sills, lock the door to prevent falls on the stairs
- cannot exercise any recourse against COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace in the event of theft and depredation in the rented premises, water, gas or electricity cut-off and nuisance due to the neighborhood
- will respect the maximum number of people who can enter the premises, in accordance with the information on our website and the confirmation receive through email. In the event of exceeding the reception capacity the lessor may refuse any additional user and the modification of the contract will be considered like a break at the initiative of the traveler. Even for an apartment with 15 guests capacity, the traveler agrees that at no time during his stay they will be more than 15 people (children and babies included) in the apartment.
- may not oppose the visit of the premises if COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace so requests.
- will not leave any object whatsoever likely to obstruct passage through the outbuildings except in the places provided for this purpose
- it is strictly forbidden to smoke in the rented place, even at the window, even in the toilets, failing this, compensation will be requested for inability to rent the property as it is due to the smell of smoke and proportional repair the costs incurred, i.e. a minimum penalty amount of 300 euros.
- in the event of loss or theft of a key / badge, the traveler agrees to pay for the change of cylinder or opening system.
- animals :
For apartments accepting pets, a minimum supplement of 30 euros per stay, per animal will be automatically billed to you.
For apartments where pets are prohibited, in the event of non-compliance with this clause by the traveler, COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace may refuse the stay and without any refund. In the absence of information, compensation will be requested for restoration proportional to the costs incurred, i.e. a minimum penalty amount of 300 euros
- businesses contrary to public order prohibited
- illegal downloads are prohibited. We provide internet access, we would like to invite you to adopt a responsible attitude with regard to the use of this internet connection.
- cannot hold COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace responsible in the event of a gas or electricity cut, a malfunction of the internet or the elevators.
- cannot make direct contact with the owner, which is contrary to the commitments of the owner and COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace.
16 - Insurance: The traveler is responsible for all damage caused by him. He is required to be insured by a resort-type insurance contract for these various risks.
17 - Data protection: In accordance with the law of August 7, 2004 relating to data processing, files and freedoms, on the protection of personal data, COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace informs travelers that personal data which are provided will only be used for the service requested. Only employees and suppliers who need to know this data in order to provide the best service to its customers will have access to it. In all cases, travelers can exercise the rights of access, opposition, rectification and cancellation provided for in the mentioned law.
18 - Disputes: Any complaint relating to the inventory of fixtures and the state of the description during a rental, must be sent to COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace within 3 days of entering the premises. Any other complaint must also be addressed to him as soon as possible. In the event of a dispute which is not resolved by amicable settlement, the district court of the location of the rental has sole jurisdiction. COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace reserves the right to cancel and refuse any order from a customer with whom there is a dispute relating to the payment of a previous debt.
19 - Financial Guarantees: COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace benefits from Financial Guarantees granted by GALIAN Assurance, 89, rue de la Boétie, 75008 Paris, for real estate transaction and management.
20 - Insurance: COTOON INVEST SAS / Cotoon Alsace is covered by GALIAN Assurance insurance, 89, rue de la Boétie, 75008 Paris.